Jordanz's White 2000 Accord EX v6

JordanZ

Reaction score
I figured I'll start a MR thread now since I have big plans for the car and some of them may be coming to fruition soon.
The car is a white 00 av6 (cg5? 6?) I bought this car from the honda dealership. car had one previous older owner and the car was babied and she shows.

Mods-
20% window tint
avs in channel visors
pioneer touch screen radio with option to add nav/bluetooth/satellite radio
pioneer speakers up front
kenwood speakers in back
2 kenwood kfc-w3013 (i think) 12in subs with something like 500w rms (cant remember) amp.
debadged
that's all for now!

Future mods (rough order from soonest to last)
-6 speed swap
-j35a/j32a/turbo j30a/j35 block j32 heads (still unsure of what i want to do here, i'll be heading into CO race fab next week to talk with them more about this)
-FF type 1's
-new wheels but unsure of size and fitment stuff, going to talk to co race fab about fender rolling also
-all black/woodgrain interior
-tl-s heated black seats
-tl-s dash + cluster + center console
-mdx steering wheel with woodgrain (what year?)
-retrofit headlights (still unsure of whether to black house w/yellow buckets or to go all clear)
-fix my oem fogs (small hole in pass. side)
-oem front and rear skirts to match sides (hopefully)
-i/h/e
-suspension upgrades (rear sway bar etc.

that might be it. thanks for looking and i will update this after i talk to co race fab about swap possibilities. now for pics!

How she sits now

Day of purchase!

Pizzaman

Reaction score
looks clean, but you got a hell of a future plans list! motor swap, turbo, 6 speed, wow good luck with all that. hope you got some deep pockets! GL

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Looks like a clean start and you sound like you've done your research already. Hope to see those plans go through. Good luck modding.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ Maybe he is thinking about having the oem optional ones for coupes, and mod them for his sedan.

@ OP, very clean car. Happy modding!

JordanZ

Reaction score
^ Maybe he is thinking about having the oem optional ones for coupes, and mod them for his sedan.

@ OP, very clean car. Happy modding!

Actually I didn't know about the lack of sedan oem's, but now that you mention it I would like to do a 99 coupe front end and see if I could find an OEM coupe lip.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm only 19 and work 90+ hrs a week with few expenses, and ive chatted a little with the guys at pretty much the only good shop in my area. I'm thinking I'll swap in a six speed first, then probably wait on the motor til next summer.

As far as that goes, the guys I talked to said that they did a 5speed swap on a 5th gen, and ran into the same problem that richiev6's harness solves (no VTEC, Rev limiter at 5k, basically car in park) and he said that they either like grounded this wire or threw 12volts at it or something (I'm not the best with cars so it was a lil hard to follow) and that made the car think its in neutral. Any one heard anything like this?

HollywoodHam

Reaction score
I did my manual swap using a lsd transmission and junked my "oem" motor and put in an H23A. it's ALOT of work and to do it right is even more work...lol. just pm me with any questions.
happy building bro!!!

JordanZ

Reaction score
Got real busy lately, haven't had time to update.

There was a large hailstorm that caught me at work, so the accord got totaled, about 6 months after i bought her. The white paint and small dents made the damage look much better than it actually was, so my insurance offered me 2 options.

The options were: I recieve $4,000 and keep the car (a viable option leaving me with ~2000 on the loan)
OR
I receive $6,500 and state farm takes the car

So what I did, because the car really didnt look bad, was took the 4,000 and sold the Accord for 3700, recouping my original investment plus about half of the cost of the stereo.

After that, I moved to a 06 'm35 which I love, it's really a great car. I know I didnt post much and no one really knew me but I learned a lot and still enjoy looking through the members rides, so i figured i'd at least update this. My friend just got a 99 5mt coupe so i'll probably still lurk for some info.

Here's some picks of the new M!

IMG_20131028_152118_zps6d9fd848.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

with my buddies new wrx
IMG_20130921_154839_zps866f6c1c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20131016_143237_zps4da31dd3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dont have the best pics but yeah! thats my update!

Back