K-Sport GT Springs any good?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
in for pix... i'm curious how this drop would look like.. and how it handles too

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
yeah i'll defenately post pics of the drop and im really hoping it handles good..but another quick question I know I need shocks cuz my stock are no good for my drop. so if I go to autozone and buy any shocks they will be good? in other words I can but any kind of shock as long as its not factory?

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
you think kyb gr-2s would keep up with the gt springs ? or spend the extra 60 for tokico blues? Opinions plz

MrLazie1

Reaction score
damn major bump. kyb gr-2s are like stock replacements. just upgrade to the blues and they should be good and hold on a lot longer.

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
true that they are LIKE oem replacements but it also states that the gr-2s work with lowerings springs just wondering because my front left shock just blew out looking for the best bang for the buck opinions pleaseee

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
what states that gr-2's are good for lowering? theyre really not. theyre stock replacements. my friend had quite a few gr-2's before he wisely decided to stop wasting his money on shocks that kept blowing out. even on kyb's site, its says "The best choice to restore OE performance and normal driving conditions", lowering a car is not "OE performance and normal driving conditions".

http://www.kyb.com/products/shocks/gr2.php

ive heard HP's (blues) arent too great for a sub-2" drop, but i think theres been people that have ran them without problems, with at least a 2" drop. i know one guy here used to have the blues paired with skunk2 coilover sleeves and he was fine. tokico makes a great product, i used to have the illuminas, and they were great. i would suggest the blues. the ksport springs only go 2.25" and 2.5" anyway, so i think youd be fine.

Cpyro

Reaction score
I bought my Ksport GTs from Brazen_407, he had some pics in his ride thread. I have yet to install them tho......was a nice drop tho.

Namboyz

Reaction score
get shockss=) but you can ride it bumpy for while if you dont mind.

i have the tokico blues and thier great shocks. my whole set only costed 300 from a local seller.

ndeaccord

Reaction score
i had ksport gt spings on illuminas before i got my ff type 1's. They give you a great drop for springs and are fairly stiff. Would not suggest pairing them with oem struts or any other oem replacments. I would pair them with tokico illuminas or koni yellows, maybe tokico blues, haven't had any experiece with them but other ppl seem to run these with similar drops. I had about a 1, 1 1/2 finger gap with 215/35/18 tires. You'll need a camber kit in the rear at least. I also removed the rubber bushings on the top mounts which gave me an extra 1/4'' to 1/2'' and didn't make any noise over bumps either. (i have pics with them on when my car it was green, check my page)

Last edited:
Back