KombatVirus's 2002 Sedan SSM 5sp EX-L UPDATED Dec 14/2013

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Re: KombatVirus's 2002 Sedan SSM 5sp EX-L UPDATED 15/8/13

I've seen this ssm with that LED strip around SCarborough area sometimes. Im not sure if it's you though.

Haha yea that was me! :iranmaybe:

I dont live there, but sometimes work requires me to go there :p
Interesting that I am getting noticed.

Trying to revert to stock tails ATM

You're welcome to buy my Koni Yellow/Sportline suspension setup.

You said a mild/small drop, so not sure you want them if that is the case. They will lower the car about 2 inches.

I can have it off the car next week if you are interested.

Nothing blown, nothing leaking, and I have the receipt somewhere for the Yellows. With that, you should be able to take advantage of the lifetime warranty on the shocks.

All that aside, have you considered going with FF Type 1's?

Seems interesting. Money's kind of tight right now but PM'ed out of interest

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Re: KombatVirus's 2002 Sedan SSM 5sp EX-L UPDATED 15/8/13

Wanted to post about one big a-hole today :ohsnap:

Go to a shawarma place with my girlfriend for like 15 minutes, come back to a huge dent on my rear passenger door. Clearly from a door its about the size of a toonie (1.5 x the size of a dollar for you americans) , im in serious rage mode right now. Its right on the door crease too.

Debating on covering this one up with a band-aid decal too. F-in FOOLS EVERYWHERE

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: KombatVirus's 2002 Sedan SSM 5sp EX-L UPDATED 10/20/2013

I feel your pain, man. The one time I spent the night at my ex's house, someone backed into my rear quarter panel. There were no witnesses, of course.

That's not why we broke up...it was a bit of leverage, though. lol

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Re: KombatVirus's 2002 Sedan SSM 5sp EX-L UPDATED Nov 2 / 2013

Small update.

Went ahead and vinyl-wrapped my roof in matte black. I actually really like the results, contrasts the tint on my tail lights very nicely, brings out window tint a lot more and overall the whole ssm & black tone stands out more. Pics at the beginning of the thread, I should get one from behind from afar though. Its an interesting material that kind of "heals" scratches and stuff on it when it sits in the heat like from direct sunlight. Also got a decal from the infamous pacific mall. Still haven't decided whether or not its going to stay, but I do like repping manual :)

Put an order in for some new LEDs to wire up as DRLs. The ones I have currently are starting to look bad, some are burnt out others are losing their light output. These LED strips are just not protected by anything so any little rock that will hit them and the overall weather seems to just knock them right out. The ones I ordered are encased and supposedly weather/shock proof since they have a housing, 5 LEDs and their each 1W too, hopefully they aren't crap

Finally, decided to buy some weathertech digital fit mats or floor liners for the winter. My car will be super clean inside even during our soggy Toronto winters, but at a price of 225$ it took me a while to make the jump

Unfortunately I also discovered some small rust spots in the rear wheel wells, about an inch long on one side and even smaller on the other. Infamous Honda quarter panels... Got quoted 500$ to fix one side, but Im thinking about just leaving it alone until it gets worse. Im thinking it could be years before that breaks out into anything noticeable, and if it does I can decide to fix it then. Its so expensive to fix because the area needs to be cut off, a new piece welded in, then sanded and re-painted. And I also heard that even after this long expensive process most people have the rust come back in a year or so. If anyone has input on this it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

KombatVirus

Reaction score

Added these to the first post too, it has a couple other pictures of the roof. Those LED DRLs I got are insanely bright, they are brighter than my 6000k white HIDs. Camera can't pick it up properly even in broad daylight

Back