Let's talk door poppers.

Deekay

Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding some door poppers to my car, but I'd like to get some input from people that have already installed poppers.

I'm wondering if its possible to install the poppers but also keep the factory door handles? It would just be nice to have the option to open the door using the handle or the poppers.

Secondly I'm just looking for advice. Is it a hard install? Tips/tricks? Kits that work well? Kits to avoid?

Thanks for your info in advance!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
It will be extremely hard to pull off with handles still intact.I had shaved handles for about 2 years and hated my choice of ever doing them.

The door popper is 2 parts;
1)spring-the actual pop of the door opening
2)actuator that "pulls" on the rod the exterior handle would be pulling on.

So,You will have to find a way to pull the rod still attached to the handle,also it will open the handle if you do this also(kinda like a ghost opening a car, the handle would pop out then close again)

I got locked out of my car many times from the actuator failure and rod slip.I had the expensive kit also,Autoloc I think it was called.(back in the day it was top notch)

Reaction score
^ That would be my reason for not doing that as well. I would get aggravated too easily. Seems like too much trouble that it's really worth imo.

Back