little advice please

htownh22

Reaction score
aight i bought a 1999 accord coupe and to make a long story short the thing blew up there was a **** load of oil in my coolant. SO i decided why not go with an h22a so i orderd one off tigerjapanese.com obd1 later to find out that i ran outta money and **** so im gonna sell that and hopefully get enough to go back to the stock motor. Now i wanna make this thing quick but doesnt seem like there is much for these motors. basically i wanna stomp all over my buddys vr6 any ideas....?

white beauty

Reaction score
If u want to beat ur friends VR6 umm..........get a new car jp lol, but seriuosly its gona take alot of work, no bolt-on parts will help here, just redo ur internals, new pistons, crank, cam, bore it out, port and polish it, then do a nice turbo setup, then spray it. then gut the car out, get a really nice suspension setup, that should be done first, coilovers, shocks, struts and sways. Even then though i dought u will be able to beat him, those vr6's are insanley fast. Although everything i just said to do would have to be done on a 5 speed, if ur auto u can still do it, but u should know that turbo and auto on our ****y trannies dont mix to well, so if ur auto swap to a 5 speed first. This is gonna take alot of money, and again after everything is said and done u still might not be able to beat him, but u will have one sick accord, which is even better lol, hope that helps a little

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Keep the H22. Start saving your money. An OBD1 H22 would be a great start if you are planning to keep it NA. Unless you plan on turbo-ing your f23. But that will probably run you a lot more than you'll be able to get for the H22.

htownh22

Reaction score
what do u think the easiest way is to do the h22 swap.....i was thinkn instead of harness and ecu jsut get a obd2 intake manifold and an obd2 trans well i ahve the trans but would that work or would the harness and ecu be cheap and easier

htownh22

Reaction score
how much do you think it would all come out to i dont have much money to toy around with

Back