Lost Key Fob

LouisLV_

Reaction score
Lost my key fob when I slipped and bust my *** on the ice. I can open the car with the key but it won't start. I think the alarm is aftermarket, not sure how to tell.

james'99

Reaction score
Was it a Honda fob? Regardless, it has to be aftermarket because our cars start while the alarm is sounding. Looks like we're going to need a wiring diagram for you're alarm. You may have to just pull it altogether. It's gonna sound weird but do you have a sun roof? If so, you have an EX model and it has a factory alarm. But this could have been added to with an aftermarket alarm.

james'99

Reaction score
That's weird. If that's the case, a key in the door will disarm the alarm. If one door doesn't work, the other will. If it was a Honda alarm, there will be a way around it.

EDIT: Wait. Does the alarm actually go off while this is happening?

james'99

Reaction score
If the car cranks, is the green key light flashing? The immobilizer chip is not in the fob on our cars at least. If the green light is flashing while engine cranking, this is an immobilizer issue and you will need to try another key or get new keys programmed which will probably wind you up finding another ECU with a key that compliments its immobilizer. You will then be able to start the vehicle by holding the ECU key back to back with your key in the ignition until you can get keys reprogrammed.

If the green light doesn't flash while cranking, does the green key light flash when you turn the key off? If not, you will need to replace the dash bulb.

Does the CEL test when key is turned to on position? Do you know if the bulb itself works? If it doesn't test and the bulb is good, it could be a main relay issue.

Last edited:

LouisLV_

Reaction score
wasnt able to figure out the alarm issue, so I just disconnected the main wire from the black box under the hood. I was planning to get a new alarm w/ alarm starter, guess its gonna be sooner now lol

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Post a picture of the 'black box under the hood'

I need to see wtf it is...

Back