lots of problems

blkdout6

Reaction score
hey guys. I have a few questions. I have an 02 sedan v6 with 75000 miles. My check engine light has been on for some time this is because of my rear O2 sensor cable getting cut. My abs light comes on sometimes, and when i back out of my driveway and hit the brakes the abs kicks back and it is always giving me problems. My srs light is on. I know that one is for something with my passenger side curtain. Also the tcs light comes on and stays on, it mostly happens when i am driving in rain and snow and it will disable the tcs. Sometimes when i am driving on the highway it feels like my tranny just drops and i have to step on the gas to get it to move. In the past couple of weeks my reservoir for the abs has gone from full to fill. I had it checked and i have no leaks. I can press the brake pedal to the floor and then the brake light comes on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Brandon

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A few questions...

Why is your 02 sensor getting cut and why haven't you bothered to figure out why yourself and fix it. Seems rather simple to figure out.

Brakes - Add fluid, look for leaks, check the sensors at the wheels, clean them with brake cleaner. Make sure the cap is tight on the resevoir.

Change the fluid in the trans. I'll beat hondaluvr to it here and say add Lucas trans fix too. It bought him an extra 4-5k miles on his trans.

SRS - check the connections. All else fails, take it to the dealer. As long as the car has never been in an accident, should be under warranty.

blkdout6

Reaction score
The cable got cut because when i installed the new headers they did not hook it back up when i took it for a test drive and since it was under the table they wont fix it. The cable from the sensor drug on the ground so now i cant connect it. I just took the car in today and they said all my lines and sensors are fine. i just had the tranny fluid changed about 10xxx miles ago and the srs light my dealer wont fix because if you know there was never a full recall but th passenger side curtain has a problem. If it is a certain part they will fix it and if its not then i have to pay for it.

blkdout6

Reaction score
haha tell me bout it. the worst part is that i was out storm chasing and bottomed out and ripped the bottom of the headers open so now it sounds like crap.:rice:

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Perhaps you can tie wrap the extra harness on the O2 sensor to something away from the exhaust? Perhaps you have to add a P clamp to the floor to hold it if there is no support under there... but I bet you can shorten the harness by coiling it somewhere between the sensor and the connector.

Keep the brake fluid near full and if it dropped to min suddenly, there must be a leak somewhere. It just hasn't been found yet. Start at the master cylinder and follow the lines back to each caliper. Look for wet spots. If you find nothing, it could be a master cylinder leaking back into the vacuum chamber.

Remember, you are the one driving the car, not the mechanic.
It's your life at risk, not his.

finch13

Reaction score
"They" can't just say the sensors are fine. If it turned the ABS light on, it set a code in the computer.

I'm with Greg on this one, check the sensors. They are magnetic coils so they attract metal shavings and weaken the AC signal getting sent to the ABS/TCS control module. Shoot them with brake cleaner and wipe them off, also make sure the tone ring on the axle is clean too.

I don't think adding brake fluid will help though. Low fluid will turn on the brake light, not ABS.

Getting the code scanned will narrow it down.

Get an O2 sensor from Honda (online), it should come with a bracket on the harness that bolts into the frame. If you don't do that, get an OEM Denso at least.

Back