lug nuts for drag wheels

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Im picking up my drag wheels tomorrow and I was going to pick up some mishimoto locking lug nuts. The guy at americas tires told me that the lug nuts need to be acorn seat. Can anyone verify that these will fit my wheels and if they are in fact acorn seat.
http://www.amazon.com/Mishimoto-MMLG-15-LOCKRD-Red-Aluminum-Locking/dp/B00OBEOT2Q/ref=pd_sxp_redirect

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Some people/companies use these terms differently, so it can be confusing. I always refer to Honda OEM wheels as requiring 'ball seat' or 'acorn seat' lugs (which makes sense as the bottom of an acorn is radiused/rounded), while most aftermarket wheels require 'conical' or 'tapered' lugs. Most aftermarket wheels use conical seat lugs, which are what's shown in your link. So if the lugs/key fit in the lug holes on the wheel you are good to go.

Ball seat (OEM Honda lugnut)

qp3zg6.jpg

Conical seat

$_35.JPG

Last edited:

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
The guy at americas tires told me the lug nuts I have on my car right now which are the original lug nuts will not fit the drag wheels so im not sure why he is telling me to buy acorn style lug nuts when they should be the same as what I have on now.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
He is right that your OEM lugnuts should not be used with aftermarket wheels. Like I said his terminology is just different. As long as you get some that have a conical seat like the Muteki's from your other thread or the link you posted above (which match what I posted), they'll work provided the lugs/key fit the lug holes on the wheel.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No prob.

Btw I recommend the Muteki's because they are steel. Rays, Work, and many others are aluminum. The finish on the Muteki's scratches easily though.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Damn lug nuts didnt fit, they were too thick. Americas tires ended up installing gorilla lug nuts instead. Good thing I can return the mishimoto lugs since they were never installed. The rims look pretty clean still imo and i'll have some pics up later today.

Back