Misfiring issue

naruto267

Reaction score
2001 Accord Coupe Ex F23A4

Car been misfiring / hard start / stalling when engine is warm (driving for about 30mins and letting it sit for a hour). Engine would shake when starting and smooth out after couple of seconds. I would smell gas when this happens. When i turn the car off and start it within 10min it would start fine. When i start it cold, it would start fine.

There also seem to be some misfiring or rough idle. This is more prevalent when AC is turned on. There a CEL that say misfire in cylinder 1 - 3.

Trying to figure out where i should start in trying to resolve this issue.

naruto267

Reaction score
spark plugs
hi gt58, sparkplugs was replaced along with cap and rotor. Issue still remains. Also was told by someone to start car with wide open throttle so i press the gas pedal while starting the car and it starts right up without sputtering.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Check your spark plug wires also. Beyond that you will need to start checking your fuel injectors for power and spray. With the gas smell i would lean towards one of the injectors being the issue. If neither is the problem than it will be the ecu.

naruto267

Reaction score
Check your spark plug wires also. Beyond that you will need to start checking your fuel injectors for power and spray. With the gas smell i would lean towards one of the injectors being the issue. If neither is the problem than it will be the ecu.

I cleaned the EGR valve this weekend and the hot start issue seem to went away. Still misfire at idle sometimes. I also now getting intermittent P0325 code. I guess ill need to get a new know sensor now. I'll update if it comes back.

thurman.

Reaction score
You cleaned the EGR, changed the cap and rotor, spark plugs (wires?). I think you should clean the throttle body.
Check for vacuum leaks also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naruto267

Reaction score
Just an update. Coolant was leaking into cyl 1 and 2 which was causing the issues.

Back