My car Boggs then dies..HELP!

UNFADEABLE

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm having an issue with my car right now...It started last week, I ran the car low on fuel and drove with the light on for about 5-8 miles. One block away from the gas station the car starts to bogg and the exhaust starts to pop real loud and then it dies on me. I turn it back on and it barely makes it to the gas station. I pump gas and it runs fine again...fast forward to this week, so I'm driving home yesterday and the car starts to bogg on me an dies in the middle of the freeway! My gas was getting low but it wasn't all the way down and the light hadn't came on yet...after a few attempts it turns on and I get off the freeway and make it to the gas station where I pump gas, I'm driving home and it still kept dying on me...it does it when I give it alot of gas, and not as much when I barely give it gas. ALSO the "maintenece required" light started blinking a couple days ago so I'm sure it has something to do with it...I had to drive home today with my foot barely hitting the gas pedal cuz if I step on it, it starts to bogg again...what can it b??

I read a few threads when I searched and saw some similarities..some say it's main relay, spark plugs, fuel filter, dizzy cap etc...SOMEONE HELP!

My mods:
H22a
Mugen header
Injen CAI
Aem fuel rail & FPR
IM spacer
2.5" exhaust
Hondata s300

Also the car has a walbro 255 fuel pump that the previous owner installed cuz it was boosted on a different motor...I thought this might b a reason but one of my friends brought up a valid point saying that It would have ran like this from the get go. The motor swap was done about a month and a half ago.

Last edited:

UNFADEABLE

Reaction score
Also it seems to do it more on my way home from work when it's hotter outside.

hirichard

Reaction score
do you drive on empty alot? could be a bad fuel pump/filter

i had the same exact problem especially when its hot. i seafoamed my car and I put half can in the engine oil and the other half in the gas then i got my fuel pump replacedd. works just fine now

UNFADEABLE

Reaction score
Well I just got the car about a month and a half ago, did the motor swap a week after I got it. But yea I usually don't gas up til I'm out...Where is the fuel filter located?

hirichard

Reaction score
inside the fuel tank i think. someone correct me if im wrong.

i took mine to a shop..well my pops did haha. well if anything i say go get your car scanned and see what pops up for now

Back