My Driver's Side Power Window

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Goes down fine. When coming up at I'd say 2/3 of the way up it slowsss continuously until the window closes completely. This process is especially much slower when I'm just running off the battery. It doesn't go off track or make any odd noise(s). At first I thought its the regulator or motor but I'm thinking maybe its pinching or squeezing tight towards the top and here's why I think why:

-Goes UP fine only when it's pouring
-Issue didn't begin until the day I got my car back from Honda to pop a dent out of the same door due to minor vandalism (3 years ago)
-It starts to slow at exact same spot everytime 2/3's way going up
-After nearly 3 years and tons of use the problem hasn't gotten any worse (you think it would right?)

I should have went back to the dealership after they messed with my door because it's too much of a coincidence for this to occur the day I get my car back from them after working on THAT door. Also sucks that I don't live in that area anymore and it's 260 miles away at my old school. My friend said it may be pinching towards the top like his civic but I really have no idea. Is there anything you can adjust / lubricate behind the door panel for smoother operation? Not too educated on window regulators, etc. I just can't tell if the regulator is dying or something is preventing my window from operating how it used to be. :thinking:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If they were fixing body damage, then the area affecting the window travel is likely in the door area. But my driver window has a slightly hard time closing all the way due to the stripping that has torn a bit and got stuck inside the channel at the top. So whenever I close the window I have to hold the button after it reaches the top to power it past the stripping that’s stuck in there, and when I release the button, I hear a ticking that gradually has a slower frequency that eventually stops. So I guess look at the stripping around the channels on top and sides, and see if there is anything causing resistance.

Thanks for reminding me I need to fix mine, lol.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
So whenever I close the window I have to hold the button after it reaches the top to power it past the stripping that’s stuck in there, and when I release the button, I hear a ticking that gradually has a slower frequency that eventually stops.

I hear that noise too sometimes but I never have to hold the button after the window reaches the top. There has to be some sort of resistance somewhere I'm guessing behind the door panel.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take some silicone paste and apply on the window run channel inside the door where the window rolls up and down.

Back