Need some brake and clutch help.

ib042129

Reaction score
1)Does the handbrake light go on from other sensors not just the handbrake?
Recently it would not turn off for a while in cold weather. And yesterday it came on randomly on the highway. The car does not feel any different, nor
do I smell brakes burning. Is it just the sensor being weird, or will my breaks fail and I will die pretty soon?

2)I think my clutch is about to be worn out. It's fine when I drive like a grandma, but when I shift quickly the RMP do not imediatly jump to whatever they are supposed to be at that gear and speed, but instead creep to the corect value over a second. The clutch works fine once engaged though.
Anyways, my father thinks that you can adjust the clutch pedal like you could adjust the handbrake line for worn out pads and have the clutch last a bit longer.
So can I adjust the clutch in that way?
And,
How many more miles do you think I have before it goes?
THanks

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
as far as the brake light, it turns on when your brake fluid is low, or your brake fluid level bobble is stuck or dirty.

solution: open the brake fluid cap, wipe the rod down, move the floaty up and down, put it back in. your brake light should then be fine. it happens to most Accords for some reason. i think it's also a sign of wear, but if you don't mind shaking it up a bit, you really don't need to fix it.

or you can be a JDM and make a sharp turn at 50 and have the fluid shake the floaty back up.

ib042129

Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
as far as the brake light, it turns on when your brake fluid is low, or your brake fluid level bobble is stuck or dirty.

solution: open the brake fluid cap, wipe the rod down, move the floaty up and down, put it back in. your brake light should then be fine. it happens to most Accords for some reason. i think it's also a sign of wear, but if you don't mind shaking it up a bit, you really don't need to fix it.

or you can be a JDM and make a sharp turn at 50 and have the fluid shake the floaty back up.

Thanks. I actually meant to check the brake fluid level today but did not get around to it.

I'm replacing a lot of brake stuff soon anyways since I'm converting to disk brakes.

ib042129

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Not many miles I'd say. Go with the Fidanza Exedy combo:)

That's the thing! I am not sure what my plans are for the engine.
I am thinking of getting some serious power upgrades this summer.
And if my choice of upgrades will be an H22 swap then it will probably come
with an H22 tranny. So getting a new clutch seems like throwing my money away. The best solution is to make it live until let's say June.
I don't drive that much now that I'm in gradschool so it may be even less than 3000 miles.

Back