New Guy, NWI 2000 v6 accord.

LeoY

Reaction score
Just saying hi. Since I know I will be on here a lot.

Picked up a 2000 v6 lx a week ago, it's white has no spoiler. And seems to have all the maintenance work done recently, timing belt and water pump were done at 110k, 140k on her right now. Still have all the receipts. The transmission doesn't seem to be slipping (thanks god). And the SRS light is one, but I researched that before I even bought it.

I'll post the pictures soon, but it's bone stock. Front and rear bumpers scratched to hell from parking in Chicago, will be sanding and repainting the back, and replacing the front soon (it has a dent and a small crack). Gas milage on it was about 15 when I bought it, but went up to over 20 after I replaced the downstream o2 sensor, weird I know, but I got the idea from one of these forums. I payed 2 grand for it, so I can't really complain.

Anyways, I will be trying to use the search as much as possible, but I am sure I'll have lots of questions in the future. Absolutely love the NSX tail lights on this thing!

Good to be here. Pictures are coming.

Leo
eqaqugys.jpg

ryvevyhu.jpg

Last edited:

LeoY

Reaction score
Thank you. Added a couple of pictures. Right now the car is bone stock, which is not a bad thing. I'll get to make it my own. Until the snow melts just working on the small things, all the interior/exterior lights and such.

As soon as the spring is here, I'll be taking off the front and rear bumper to add the lip kit. Then retrofit lights. After that wheels, followed by a good suspension set up.... I'm sure all of you know how that goes. I will post a members ride thread after the bumpers are done!

Again, it's good to be here. Any advice is always welcome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
welcome! what lip kit r u getting?

have fun with the auto tranny tho...... :beatdeadhorse5:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
That SRS light could be related to seatbelt buckle, recall and free fix by Honda

LeoY

Reaction score
welcome! what lip kit r u getting?

have fun with the auto tranny tho...... :beatdeadhorse5:

Hey, thank you! I want the OEM, but obviously the odds of that happening are slim to none, especially being in the north west, seems like there are less pickings here. So I think I'll end up getting the bayson set. I'm still trying to figure if the stock side skirts are long enough, or if I'll need the different ones as well.

Here are the wheels that I want to eventually get:
$_12.JPG

Also, I cleaned up the car a lot this weekend,popped out the dent on the front bumper cover and touched it up with paint, but I'll need a new one. It's driving me crazy that the earlier style ones have the removable grill, but no fog holes. Decisions decisions...

I know, I found out about the auto tranny after I picket it up, scares me lol. Hoping if it made it to 140k, maybe it will last me a while longer. Also found out about the sub frame, mine is in decent shape, a little rust, sanded it all down and repainted it, just need to find the ac drain now and re route it.

That SRS light could be related to seatbelt buckle, recall and free fix by Honda

Thank you Igor! I did read up about that when I did my search, but my buckle indicators seem to work for both sides, I ended up resetting it, and so far it hasn't come back on. I'm kinda wondering if the previous owner tripped it, when he cracked the front bumper cover. Hopefully it won't come back, it has been good for over a week now :happy160:

Couple of pictures I posted "in what did you do to your accord today" thread:

y6u2amy8.jpg

a9u7uneq.jpg

8ysyzuna.jpg

Last edited:
Back