New, no accord yet.. Need support.

Sigma_star

Reaction score
So... My name is Kaelin. And im thinking about purchasing a 6th gen, ive always liked them (the coupes) and my budget would allow for some modding right away. Would any of you done things differently? My jeep gets terrible gas mileage, my civic is more of a purpose built car with tags (it gets good gas mileage tho) and i cant keep debo'ing my wifes 325ci lol... The 6th gen seems perfect right now. Im hoping to get some input on maintenance/repair costs, common problems, and some tips for when im looking to make the purchase that a ll of you wish you would've known when you bought yours.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Enjoy.

It's all on here for you, just search.

Start with the Product Review Forum

Check out some Member Rides for cars similar to what you are looking to purchase.

There is the Wheel Fitment Thread and the DIY section if you are so inclined.

Happy Modding.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Couple warnings...buy a 5spd or don't buy one at all. Or take your chances w/the auto if you find a good one. Or if you have the money, swap to manual. And if you want to see serious performance gains, expect to put a lot of money into it.

Other than that, it's a somewhat economic car that you can have a little fun with that's also not horrible on the wallet depending on what you do to it.

Sigma_star

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Enjoy.

It's all on here for you, just search.

Start with the Product Review Forum

Check out some Member Rides for cars similar to what you are looking to purchase.

There is the Wheel Fitment Thread and the DIY section if you are so inclined.

Happy Modding.

Thanks! Ive been poking around already, a lot of good info here.

Sigma_star

Reaction score
Couple warnings...buy a 5spd or don't buy one at all. Or take your chances w/the auto if you find a good one. Or if you have the money, swap to manual. And if you want to see serious performance gains, expect to put a lot of money into it.

Other than that, it's a somewhat economic car that you can have a little fun with that's also not horrible on the wallet depending on what you do to it.

Its funny you replied your thread actually brought me to the forum, you've basically created my vision but in red. Im looking to get a V6A but swap later to a 6 speed. Im going for strict visuals here as i already have a track car and a 600rr if i want to act stupid. I have about 12 to spend (maybe a little more if i unload some parts I've been hoarding) and its my impression you can get good mileage 6th gen coupes for about 6.5-8, don't worry i wont get red. Heres teh plan

Coupe, Black>Silver>white (that order)
Coilovers, (most likely tein basics - i dont want to be super dumped/stiff)
18" VS-XXs silver face
Tint
In dash nav w/backup camera and steering wheel integration

subwoofer (something mild and installed really clean in the trunk)

Lip kit but not immediatly
6spd conversion tax time next year

kthung

Reaction score
Hey Kaelin,
I think the 6th gen is a great platform. Rock solid reliability for me. Over 9 years of ownership, yearly REPAIR costs have been almost nonexistent for me in terms of engine/drivetrain. No major failures in 160k miles driving very short distances in New England winters (car doesn't always warm up completely). I have the F23A1 with an auto box by the way.

A few common things that seem to fail with these Accords (that I haven't bothered fixing yet) is the wiper transmission linkages getting loose so the wiper blades sometimes go past the edge of the windshield (~$50) and the power lock actuators have stopped working on the rear doors (~$15 each). Other than that I haven't had any other issues with the car, maybe others can chime in.

Back