NEWB from DE

diggler

Reaction score
So, I went and got me this 6ga and i know nothing about this v-tech stuff, or about this ulev thing or... an accord in general, so I'm sure I'll be on here alot. However, I'm a pretty savvy mech on my bike and just about any other car I've owned. so far the only prob I've encountered is a cel for a code 420, but the cat is brand new, still has the stickers :smoke2: anyone want to guess at that? Well thanks in advance for any help

Digs

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! You will soon learn about vtec and all that good stuff. Use SEARCH, and find a lot of useful info on your 6th gen. So I guess 420 ain't always good:smokin:
The issue could be in the sensor itself, after replacing the cat, they could have put the old, caked up sensor back in, and it's throwing cel. Take it out, CLEAN it good, put it back, reset cel, see if that helps

diggler

Reaction score
Wow you guys are on point around this place. I think I'll go pull the sensor and clean it a bit... we shall see, as for the cat itself, I didn't replace it, but it looks brand new, stickers and all. It's probably just some autozone replacement or some such... I hope to god the guy that put it on there realizes that its the f23a4, but I can imagine its probably the cat for the a1.... again time will tell. Thanks to all for the help and the welcome.

Back