No brake lights or dash lights please help

AcCoRdKiD23

Reaction score
I was installing a radio after the install everything was fine for like 10 min then radio stopped working and the dash light turned off and brake lights turned off too.. I checked all fuses and they looked fine

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuse... check these fuses:

Check your passenger side fuse panel. Top right fuse:

Fuse #9 20A Radio/Cigarette

passenger side fuse box: 10A small light / license light ( 2nd row, 2nd fuse from the top )

Driver Side Fuse Panel: #8 (ACC) and #9 (Back-up/ Instrument Light)

Last edited:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Check the turn signal fuse also. I did the same thing you did and it blew the turnsignal fuse and I got the same symptoms

AcCoRdKiD23

Reaction score
Now the only thing that doesn't work is the illumination on the gauge cluster.... This guy said something about a multiplex computer.. Could that be it and if it is how much does that cost?

Last edited:

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Now the only thing that doesn't work is the illumination on the gauge cluster.... This guy said something about a multiplex computer.. Could that be it and if it is how much does that cost?

he's probably right.. they range anywhere from $50-$100 used, no idea what they go for new

MikeyP

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help guys. I got pulled over for the tail lights being out last night. Not good too since I lost my I.d. and waiting on a new one.

It was the passenger 10 a fuse. Everything is on and the lights look good.

Thanks again.

Back