No cluster light or taillights.

basedcg6

Reaction score
I just got my car back from being repaired at a local shop, as it got dark I went to turn my lights on and when I did the headlights came on but no cluster lights or taillights. I've done a little research and came up with there being something wrong with my multiplexer. I have an aftermarket radio installed and they told me that hooking up the radios dimmer wire (the orange one) fries the multiplexer. After taking out my radio I noticed I didn't even connect the dimmer wire (the orange one) so that to me that couldn't have done it. After that I checked my fuse and it seemed to be okay, Now I don't know where to go or what to do so I'm hoping to get some answers.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
There may be another post...

However, get a test light.

Make that wire 'supposed' to be hot, like turn your lights on.

Follow them back till the light turns on.

Whatever is right next to the light is the broken thing.

Reaction score
Check your fuses again, all of them. Don't just visually look to see a break, use a meter to check for 12v on Both sides of each fuse with the ign on. I was in the mobile electronics industry for many years and never had a problem with the dimmer wire causing issues, 12v is 12v and GND is GND. As long as one is not sent to the other all is fine.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
go to passenger side fuse box and check the fuse for "small lights"

Back