Odyssey Alernator

Styx2015

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking for an alternator from a Honda Odyssey that will work on the J35A4 block. That's the one thing I still have to get to finish my swap. Thanks!

Brad2274

Reaction score
i went to a local yard and gave them a spare j30 as core and ended up paying only $60 for mine, might be the best route if no one has one here

Brad2274

Reaction score
yuup, woulda cost like $25 more without giving them a core (same as starters at autozone, except those are like $75 extra) i dont think they noticed it was off a different car though :lawl:
i had an extra j30 laying around and had battery/alternator problems so swapped it out for odyssey alternator for they extra amps for audio setup and headlights, turned out to be low battery anyways.

have you tried the stock j30 alternator? if it fits it should work fine, the extra amps on the odysseys are for all the extra electricals im pretty sure

Styx2015

Reaction score
I will probably do that in the meantime. I've been noticing issues though. If I'm running with the headlights, radio, and a/c on, I can notice the backlighting on my climate control dim a little when I use the blinkers, as dumb as that sounds.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Been wanting to get my hands on one of these. From what I’ve read they do help even w/o a system, etc. Even more so if you upgrad the big 3.

If you find a good supplier for these somewhere, let me know. Glwb.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
See where voltage drop is, I don't experiece this, can watch amps out of alt too, it might not be maxing yet.

Back