oem radio question...

Miami_CG2

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a oem radio for my 2000 accord mainly for the reason that I wanna use my factory keyless entry and steering wheel volume control. I herd that removing the oem radio disables both these fearures. My car came with a oldschool pioneer.

Will any 98-02 accord radio plug and play? Dose the newer ones have better sound quality?

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a oem radio for my 2000 accord mainly for the reason that I wanna use my factory keyless entry

You do not need a OEM radio in order to use the factory keyless entry system.

reason that I wanna use my factory keyless entry and steering wheel volume control. I herd that removing the oem radio disables both these fearures. My car came with a oldschool pioneer.

You can buy a steering wheel audio control adapter for any aftermarket radio so that your can use the factory steering wheel volume control.

blackcord

Reaction score
I use one of these for my steering wheel control and it works fine.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=207&CategoryID=29

SWI-JACK.jpg

Miami_CG2

Reaction score
You do not need a OEM radio in order to use the factory keyless entry system.

ive tried everything to program the 2 remotes that came with my car when i bought it and nothing :( new battery's and all...

i used this page
http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord/202634-faq-keyless-entry-remote-programming-all-models.html

You can buy a steering wheel audio control adapter for any aftermarket radio so that your can use the factory steering wheel volume control.

thanks ill look in to that!

Last edited:

lashlee

Reaction score
Certain Civic's (I think only 96-98's) had the issue of needing the OEM radio in the car to keep the keyless working. Personally I would get a radio that you are happy with and use an aftermarket keyless system since they can be bought and installed for aroud $100.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Lots of thread bumping hate around here...so don't worry about it. Your post was constructive and is with other posts on the topic as it should be.

Back