once again problem after problem

F23sleeper

Reaction score
So after putting a new clutch In and complete tune up I had my car running perfect until sunday. Took the car for a drive about 20 minutes from where I live. I turned the car off and turned it to the on position to listen to the radio. Was only there 5 minutes and when I tried starting the car nothing happened. I heard the fuel pump kick on but the car wouldn't crank at all. So jumped it and it started. Now every time the car warms up it will not start unless I get out hook a jumper to my negative cable and ground it to the starter. I replaced all ground wires had the starter checked and its good had alt checked and its also good. Brand new dist wires and spark plugs ngk iridium plugs and ngk blue wires. Sorta at a loss. It acts like my battery is dead or a bad ground

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Probably a bad ground indeed. As tedious as it is, I would recheck them grounds again. Sounds like a problem I had with an Audi A6 recently after changing the alternator - nothing would happen, car was dead until I found the ground that was bad.

F23sleeper

Reaction score
Thanks russian ended up beidng the ground bracket to the transmission. Was rusted so it wasn't getting a good ground.

Back