Opening up aftermarket headlights

blackcord

Reaction score
Anyone here ever opened up aftermarket headlights? I did a pair of OEM ones using the oven method and the sealant just softened up enough to make it easy to open.

But I noticed that the aftermarket headlights appears to use plain old silicone instead. I dont know if that silicone will soften up in the oven.

Thanks!!

mild2wildaccord

Reaction score
silicone when heated comes off easier then what factory uses. I heat up silicone all the time to repair multi piece wheels and silicone just melts like wax using a heat gun. Oem headlights are more of a pain to take apart then aftermarket so, this should be easy for you.

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
:squintwave: is it easy enough to close them back up after u open them when its time to put em back together?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yes. You push around the perimeter and make sure all the clips are in...easy as making it as a rap artist.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
make sure you reseal them with silicone otherwise your going to end up having to take them back off later :eusa_wall:

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
be careful when pulling on the tabs, if you bend them too far back, they may become useless.

Back