Opinions ..

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Ill be doing my first Diy retrofit and im deciding weather to paint my headlight trim black (blackhousing) or color matched... (housing..Taffeta white)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd at least try the white first. Some colors look just as good or better than black imo. I had redhousings for a while.

Someone may have tried white, not sure...

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Not so sure if white will drastically sharpens up the look as if it was in black like we have seen them before.

It's just a matter of how well the white will stand out imo, since white & chrome are both light color (less contrasts when compared to black & chrome).

The reason why I'm saying this is b/c I see the ones w/ gold housings (also light color) on the FS thread, but it's kindda hard to see the contrast.
 ↓
 ↓
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49524&highlight=retro

I'd say, go with white if you like the unified body-colored look for your theme (if that's what it is). Go with black if you like the contrast / sharper look in the housings.

Last edited:

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
I like the black housing look and doing white is like someone with dubs on a car that doesnt need it..

agginline86

Reaction score
I've always like the cleared headlight look on white
i'd imagine the same for white color matched headlights

go for it :favorites13:

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Agreed. Make sure you take out the amber strip, too.
Thats if i had a set of aftermarket headlights with clear reflectors but i dont. Im using my stock headlights..i may just do a blackhousing.

Back