P0505 after cleaning throttle body

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
i posted about this in a different section but got no response and i need so
e help so i can fix this. i removed the throttle body and cleaned it put a new gasket on and reinstalled it. i got a check engine light and have has some terrible idling and my car is very jerky while i drive it unlwss i turn it off and turn it back on. the code read p0505 which has to do with the IACV but i never touched it, but i know that this code will show up for a few different reasons. i need some troubleshooting steps to help me figure out what it could be. thank you.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
im PRETTY sure my car had the same code. after i cleaned it, it ran like hell. I had to rev the engine a bunch to get it to stay started. idk if you have an auto v6 or the 5 speed, but after you start it, try to keep it running as much as possible, then drive it around for about 15 mins or so. Be careful when you stop (if auto then roll to stop in Neutral) Doing this resets the electronics because of the new air/fuel mix (i think) and after that should be running like a beauty. good luck i hope this helps :thumbup:

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
dont know if that is the trouble shooting enough for you haha, but thats just my $.02. hopefully your car goes back to normal after all of that

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
i have a 5speed 4cyl. and im not 100% sure what youre telling me to do. how will that help? ive been driving it for at least 2 weeks and the light comes on and shuts off all the time.

Back