possible iac problems.

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
ok my car is a 98 v6 sedan. was driving last week and my upper radiator hose cracked right were it meets the motor, i had to do a side road quick fix by cutting an inch off the end and putting back but in doing so i had to remove the plug for the iac to get to the hose clamp off and quite a bit of Hot anti freeze got into the sensor. after that i was running wierd shifting wierd and throttle response was rough wen acclerating and decelerating and under full throttle it completly chokes up can only just cruise around right now, was wondering if i can just clean it or is it completley shot and need a new one? . would rather fix because there not that cheap , any info would help, thnx

greekpizza

Reaction score
ok my car is a 98 v6 sedan. was driving last week and my upper radiator hose cracked right were it meets the motor, i had to do a side road quick fix by cutting an inch off the end and putting back but in doing so i had to remove the plug for the iac to get to the hose clamp off and quite a bit of Hot anti freeze got into the sensor. after that i was running wierd shifting wierd and throttle response was rough wen acclerating and decelerating and under full throttle it completly chokes up can only just cruise around right now, was wondering if i can just clean it or is it completley shot and need a new one? . would rather fix because there not that cheap , any info would help, thnx

im not to familar with the v6 models so its hard to know exactly what you mean but i would try cleaning it with some brake cleaner or something, i mean you cant make it worse, if not then try a junkyard. goodluck!

Back