Possible Sensor Issue?

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
So about two weeks ago i pulled my throttle body of to give everythig a good clean with some throttle body cleaner. i put everything back with a new gasket and now my car runs like dick and i have a CEL. i havent had the chance to get the code read yet though. Heres my issue though. the car idles anywhere from about 1000-1300rpms and if i give it gas it feels like there is absolutely no power at all. It will reach about 5000rpms and literally just stop there. Also while going through the rpms range it seems slightly jerky. Also occasionally when ill be driving when i step on the clutch to shift the rpms drop instantly instead of hanging around for a little bit. By the way this is a 2001 4cyl. As of right now my bet is on the TPS sensor since i disnt remove the sensors when i cleaned it which is my own dumbass fault. But i know it it could be a number of things relatinf to ignition or anything with fuel or air, but i think it would be a hell of a coincidnce that it would do that right after i cleaned my throttle body. Plus the one other thing it could be is since i bottomed out and smashed my catalytic converter and the iternals of it broke, and that could be causing a clog. But like i said it only dis it after cleaning the TB. Thank you in advance for anybodys input

AZmike

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be the TPS. Why not pull the code and see what the ECU thinks. You've checked that all the wire harnesses connectors are fully seated too, right?

Back