Power window backlight

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
I've already done this exact mod on my 01 EX-L sedan. The OEM light is a dim greenish-yellowish LED. All you have to do is unsolder that one and resolder an LED of your choice in its place. Super simple, just a little time-consuming.

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
I left mine green. I did add the TL switches, so all my door window switches light up, even the passenger and rear. Little details that make the car a little nicer.

So the TL switches are a direct swap? I've been wanting to do this myself lol

FNCONE

Reaction score
So the TL switches are a direct swap? I've been wanting to do this myself lol

The master switch depends, alot if work involved. (the tl has a seperate module for the windows our cars has it built in with the switch) the other ones are basically the same unless u have a 98-00 (the pin-outs are different but it's still the same plug) and it has to be 02 03 TL iirc. (For the lighted switch) I'll go to my car and make a video my next day off (I don't use the car for work) and show u them lighted.

Last edited:

goldenchamp

Reaction score
I left mine green. I did add the TL switches, so all my door window switches light up, even the passenger and rear. Little details that make the car a little nicer.

I like that idea...I'll have to keep my eyes open next time I go to Pick 'N Pull!

FNCONE

Reaction score
Maybe there is an easier way to get the master switch swapped? I never tried opening it to just get the lighted buttons. Maybe it's easier opening it to figure out how can we swap the lighted part of the board. Instead of wiring up the extra window module the TL has for the windows. (Just the master switch, all other windows are easy)

Back