Power windows don't work

xx24xx

Reaction score
One night I was screwing around with my power windows, with the ignition off, and rolled all 4 windows down at the same time. There was a bright flash near my feet and now they won't go up and down unless I have the ignition on. I checked all my fuses and everything looks ok. Any advise?

f23accord2000

Reaction score
umm not seem to be so to clear,my windows dont do anything when the keys are not in the ignition,when you turn the key on they work ?not sure what the problem unless your talking about when you turn the car off and have the doors shut ad you can still roll the window up and down!

xx24xx

Reaction score
I used to be able to roll my windows up/down at any time. No keys required. The previos owner was a mechanic so perhaps he did something with the wiring? Everything else works fine.

It was a bright white flash, like a camera from behind the lower dash trim.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Yeah that's odd power windows are only supposed to work when the key is in the on position and of course when the car is on

f23accord2000

Reaction score
ok well your able to rol the window up and downwhen power is on right?
all accords when you turn the key off and the doors are still shut you should be able to roll the windows up and down untill you open the door,so your saying even with the keys out and the doors open you where able to roll the window up and down? also you might have the option of sticking the key in the key hole and is able to rols the window up and down like the VW,
but try to turn the car on then close the door turn key off take key out and roll the wndow up and down if that work then i dont see a problem and if the work reg then there isnt a problem. but check the (if you have an aftermarket alarm if you have one if not there isnt a problem and see what sparked under the dash. i dont think there is anything under the dash that has to do with the windows the motor is in the door and the relay

Last edited:

xx24xx

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. Everything works normally. I think it used to be hardwired or something? I will live lol.

Back