Price list

rooky

Reaction score
Does it ever occur to anyone to keep track of how much money plunge into modifying their Honda? not talking about basic tune up or maintenance. The reason why I bring up this topic is because for me its like an addicted ongoing process without noticing.:eh:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
I keep the receipts for everything that goes into my CG. Maintenance to mods. The only thing I have to do is add it all up... Even with the few things I have done to it, even I dont want to see the total. I'm sure most of you with more $$$ mods than I, cringe at the amount.

My next mod is hopefully J32-6MT. Thats a total cost I am worried about.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^You just have to be able to accept the fact that you will never get that money back, and that pouring it into the car basically adds no value to it (unless you found a niche buyer, then maybe). It's something that has to be done out of pure love because on no financial level does it really make perfect sense, though you can try to justify to yourself that you would have spent a lot replacing the auto trans someday anyway haha.

But on the flipside...it is something that will last, it makes the car feel special, and it will bring a smile to your face every time. To some, that's worth more.

Varnell

Reaction score
I spent over $700 on alignments one year to get my sedan height juuust right. I'd rather not know a total.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
^You just have to be able to accept the fact that you will never get that money back, and that pouring it into the car basically adds no value to it (unless you found a niche buyer, then maybe). It's something that has to be done out of pure love because on no financial level does it really make perfect sense, though you can try to justify to yourself that you would have spent a lot replacing the auto trans someday anyway haha.

But on the flipside...it is something that will last, it makes the car feel special, and it will bring a smile to your face every time. To some, that's worth more.

I agree, I understand its money I will never see again but I do these mods out of pure love and driver enjoyment. I have modded every car I've owned and don't plan to stop that at any time.

My main concern is, and don't hang me for this. I do love my CG and plan to keep it for a little while but this is not my ideal platform. It is practical for me now based on my situation (kids, DD, etc.). Its a super clean car and I have a lot plans for it but... I am a RWD lover at heart whether it be muscle or import. I would love to be funding a RWD build instead but this car practically fell into my lap and I'll do what I can to it until I move to the next one.

Trippinsolzz

Reaction score
I agree, I understand its money I will never see again but I do these mods out of pure love and driver enjoyment. I have modded every car I've owned and don't plan to stop that at any time.

My main concern is, and don't hang me for this. I do love my CG and plan to keep it for a little while but this is not my ideal platform. It is practical for me now based on my situation (kids, DD, etc.). Its a super clean car and I have a lot plans for it but... I am a RWD lover at heart whether it be muscle or import. I would love to be funding a RWD build instead but this car practically fell into my lap and I'll do what I can to it until I move to the next one.

Can't lie an s2k is the way to go

Sino

Reaction score

I was sure my Accord was my car for life.
Then I researched 3rd and 4th gen TLs...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I spent over $700 on alignments one year to get my sedan height juuust right. I'd rather not know a total.

Whoa, should have sprung the $120-$150 for a year's worth of unlimited alignments.

I hear you. Every time I experience understeer or sub-par handling because the motor is in front of the axle I wish for a car with better balance and pedigree. I love my car for how visceral an experience it can be which helps me appreciate its lack of refinement, but there are times I'd rather be driving something else that was sporty to begin with. The Accord wasn't, and you can feel that. However, on the other hand... I have no car payment, it's a one of a kind, and it's still a great deal of fun. Not to mention it looks better than so many of the new cars being made.

But I agree, the allure of RWD is too great. Def looking for that in my next car.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

That was beautiful man. Lol

Can't lie an s2k is the way to go

Welcome to the club. They hold their value well, basically a crazy aftermarket support market, and their motor can really be pushed to decent power levels. I've got a buddy around here pushing an estimated 500, and is shooting for more.

Whoa, should have sprung the $120-$150 for a year's worth of unlimited alignments.

I hear you. Every time I experience understeer or sub-par handling because the motor is in front of the axle I wish for a car with better balance and pedigree. I love my car for how visceral an experience it can be which helps me appreciate its lack of refinement, but there are times I'd rather be driving something else that was sporty to begin with. The Accord wasn't, and you can feel that. However, on the other hand... I have no car payment, it's a one of a kind, and it's still a great deal of fun. Not to mention it looks better than so many of the new cars being made.

But I agree, the allure of RWD is too great. Def looking for that in my next car.

I understand this. When working at Honda, driving brand new cars everyday and then getting into the Accord or S10. It's a different experience. New cars are nice, but you get bored really quick. At least I did. It's nice to have all those luxuries, but it's also nice to take a step back and enjoy refinement away from all the driver aids. But man cold A/C will always be a nice thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back