Pulsing vibration when idling

cliffo

Reaction score
have same problem with my 98 honda coupe. the vibration idling only happens every now and then. other problem is when i hit the clutch my RPM drop low and jump back up to regular idle. once rpm's go back then i get the vibration.

JniG

Reaction score
another good place to check too is make sure a Vacuum hose hasnt disconnected.. I Pulled the top end off my motor a while back and forgot to connect one of them back and it did the same kid of symptoms... Just a suggestion

Just checked. Vacuum hose is still connected.

have same problem with my 98 honda coupe. the vibration idling only happens every now and then. other problem is when i hit the clutch my RPM drop low and jump back up to regular idle. once rpm's go back then i get the vibration.

If you have a CEL then its probably the o2 sensor like mine. Otherwise might be bad motor mounts. i honestly have no idea lol. I'll have to replace my sensors to see if that fixes my problem...i really hope it does.

JniG

Reaction score
Replaced my o2 sensor, took out my throttle body and cleaned it the proper way. my goodness there was a thick layer of carbon buildup on that bich.. Car runs like a champ now and idle is smooooth. Thanks 619rcr for sugfesting it. Gonna do a whole seafoam routine before my next oil change also to clean out the rest of the internals :peace:

Back