Q about spring compression and negative camber

blackcord

Reaction score
I have a question about spring compression and its effect on camber and hope someone can answer it for me. I know that when a car goes over a dip in the road and then the spring compresses down, there is more negative camber the more the spring compresses.

If I have my coilovers at the lowest setting, does it already introduce negative camber even before compressing over a dip in the road?? Thanks.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you're asking if the amount of natural camber increases as you lower a car, then yes. But usually cars that are lowered enough to be maxed out coilovers have pretty stiff spring rates, so the spring compresses less. It also can depend on the dampening setting.

Last edited:

Got02Accord

Reaction score
If you're asking if the amount of natural camber increases as you lower a car, then yes. But usually cars that are lowered enough to be maxed out coilovers have pretty stiff spring rates, so the spring compresses less. It also can depend on the dampening setting.

Technically yes but also I know on FF1 I can max my coils out and the spring rate never changed. It all depends on how the coilover is designed. I can tighten my spring and it wont change the height, It will only raise or lower the car maybe 5mm depending how much sag there is. Right?

Back