Radio shuts off bad wire behind glovebox?

justin_l_

Reaction score
Today I was working on my car a little bit. I had the radio on and the glove box out. I moved something and my headunit completly powered down and back on. So I played around with it a little bit and it seems like a large wiring loom behind the dash has a bad power wire for the radio in it. Is there anywhere I can find a wiring diagram online or does anybody have any experience with this before?

lashlee

Reaction score
If you moved the bundle and it caused it to shut down and power back up I would look into bypassing the wire and run a new one. You can search that harness to find the exact spot but it can be difficult and sometimes frustating. Depending on if its losing constant power or switched power will determine where you need to route the new power wire to.

justin_l_

Reaction score
Thought about bypassing it but if one wire is bad in the harness there may be other. Maybe I'll dig into it this weekend.

justin_l_

Reaction score
For the archives I ran a new wire from the passenger side fusebox to the back of the radio. There was a break about 6" up the wire from the fuse box behind the glove box.

Back