Rear Windows?

BoyRicer

Reaction score
This is one of those stupid things that bothers me. Those child safety rear windows. I don't have any kids so these are just stupid to me. I have never felt the urge as a child to hop on out the window going down the highway. But my question is; is there anyway to remove this so called safety feature so the rear windows can go down all the way. Thanks in advance.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I've never heard of anything but if you find anything out let us know, yes they are annoying as fck.

eggs

Reaction score
I asked the same question and this is the response I got

have you considered the size and shape of the rear window to the size and shape of the door where it slides down into? the window doesnt go all the way down simply because it cant go down any further than it already does. the shape of the rear doors doesnt allow for it.

BoyRicer

Reaction score
i figured it was something related to the door shape, but wtf im just gunna take off the panel and see if there is enough room to drop the window that extra three inches.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sketch o5
"have you considered the size and shape of the rear window to the size and shape of the door where it slides down into? the window doesnt go all the way down simply because it cant go down any further than it already does. the shape of the rear doors doesnt allow for it."

This is true with your car and many others. Some higher end cars (I belive there are a cople year/model Acura's, maybe the Legend 4dr?) that allow the back window to come down to a point where the window will pivot half way down into the door, Leaving a smaller, triangle pane of glass to be seen above the trim line. Modifiaction is probably not a likely possibilty.....

ActNow

Reaction score
I've never thought of them to be annoying.... meh and i still don't. Just curious but is there another reason why you find them annoying or is it just because they don't go down all the way.

BoyRicer

Reaction score
just cause they dont go down all the way, its just one of those things either it bothers ya or it doesnt

Back