recommended o2 sensors??

A-cord

Reaction score
hello

i have a gas mileage problem. i was just wondering if i should replace all of my o2 sensors or is there a certain o2 sensor i should replace.

there's the sensor in the front and there's the 2 sensors before and after the cat.

which one should i replace? also what brands would you recommend because o2 sensors don't come cheap. i'm looking for quality and price. i don't want something super cheap. but soemthing reasonable.

thanks

Last edited:

paypalbid

Reaction score
oem is the best. don't they use bosch ?

Anyway for Honda OEM because we have a low emission vehicle and its worth the money. Check Ebay for discount.

I believe you have 1 sensor at the exhaust manifold and the other one is on the side of the CAt

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Search...darksideaccord can sell you a 02 sensor for a decent price. Also, do you have a CEL for the 02 sensor? If not, its not really worth replacing it. There are other things you could do to bring gas mileage up.

A-cord

Reaction score
Search...darksideaccord can sell you a 02 sensor for a decent price. Also, do you have a CEL for the 02 sensor? If not, its not really worth replacing it. There are other things you could do to bring gas mileage up.

yes i know there are other things that can help bring up gas mileage but everyones tried it but no one has really gotten results. everyone does the typical seafoam, spark plugs, wires, trying different oils, fixing exhaust leaks blah blah blah.. people never found any results really. and yes i've tried it myself.. unless you can find me a thread where there's a success story where someone actually fixed their gas mileage then by all means you can flame me for not searching.. beacause i've searched tons of gas mileage threads and no one has posted up a success story.

and i'll pm darksideaccord about the o2 sensor thanks :thumbsup:

paypalbid

Reaction score
yes i know there are other things that can help bring up gas mileage but everyones tried it but no one has really gotten results. everyone does the typical seafoam, spark plugs, wires, trying different oils, fixing exhaust leaks blah blah blah.. people never found any results really. and yes i've tried it myself.. unless you can find me a thread where there's a success story where someone actually fixed their gas mileage then by all means you can flame me for not searching.. beacause i've searched tons of gas mileage threads and no one has posted up a success story.

Do you mind sharing what your car specs is and what kind of gas milage you are getting. My 98 sedan automatic has 232,xxxx miles on it and im getting overall average is 23 miles per gallon which is reasonable. A full tank of gas (not fill to the edge, just when the pump click) get me a little over 325 miles before i run out of gas. Of course we all know that the sticker MPG on the car is not accurate and actual expectation. If you want to know a realistic fuel economy number go to http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymanu.htm

So based on the specs of my car the mpg is right on the dot.
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/2008car1tablef.jsp?id=14314

Last edited:

stealthsonic

Reaction score
Before you go out and replace O2 Sensor, Check your engine code first. Most of 98-02 Accord uses standard O2 sensors, but ULEV and SULEV must use special sensor call Air/Fuel Ratio sensor (before cat.) They range from $140 to $250. Normal $50 O2 Sensors on ULEV and SULEV engine will automatically give you Engine Check Light (CEL) on F23a4 engine.

If you have ULEV (2000 model) you can use SULEV A/F Sensor from 2001-02 Accord. It actually give you higher accel but your TCU will run rough (tranny computer.)

Part No.
F23a4 with ULEV A/F Sensor = 36531-PAA307
F23a4 with SULEV A/F Sensor = 36531-PAA-L23

Note: ULEV = Ultra Low Emission Vehicle
SULEV = Super Ultral Low Emission Vehicle

It's quite hard to find cheap 3rd party A/F Sensor. Ebay was the cheapest I could find ($129) and it's from Denso (OE Part.)

Good Luck!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Never got results from replacing old/worn parts? Uhh...ok..:thinking:

A-cord

Reaction score
Never got results from replacing old/worn parts? Uhh...ok..:thinking:

ummm ok i wouldn't go as far as saying no results whatsoever from replacing old and worn parts.. what i was trying to say was.. there aren't any results where there have been drastic changes.. once the car starts to lose it's mpg there's no return.

thanks for those of you who answered my simple question :thumbsup:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
OEM is NGK/NTK

stick with NTK/NGK/Denso... Bosch will mess u up...

Back