Recommended Transmission Fluid?

minituck04

Reaction score
oh and welcome to 6thgen 6thgengirl. glad to have you. post up pics of your ride we'd love to see it

N4TECguy

Reaction score
silencer said:
if i remember right every 30,000 miles. Correct me if i am wrong
I don't know what the manual says but you should change it as often as you can if you want it to last :thumbsup: I've seen one or two Accord owners change it every 5-10K, I've seen one 99 Odyssey owner change it every 4000...basically every oil change. If you think about it, it makes sense since you don't get all the fluid out just by drain/fill (assuming you're not flushing it).

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TDotCord said:
You should use OEM Honda ATF. Honda autos are funny that way, haven't heard anyone successfully use other stuff yet. Wait till tomorrow, get the right stuff so you won't have to do the job twice.

I use valvoline, works fine for me. I refuse to pay the insane price for oem fluid.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
I use valvoline, works fine for me. I refuse to pay the insane price for oem fluid.

haha... i think this last time i used b&m in mine. still works great and mine is a v6 so u guys know how horrible the trannys are! how much is the oem fluid. i think this stuff is probably the same cost. :afro:

TDotCord

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:

OEM is not that expensive. It's what, $5.25 a quart? Valvoline is like at least $3.xx.

Back