Remote Starter No worko

Got02Accord

Reaction score
okay. got everything in the mail from back home and if i put the key in 1 click it works, hold the key close and it works. soo it is the bypass that has gone bad.

The module that was in the oddy and was with a CA420 remote start is a IMO5 and it said its compatible with the 02 accord on the website. The connector is the same as the HODL that i have and the wire colors are the same and same order. Can i just unplug the old and plug in the new?

Got02Accord

Reaction score
okay, I had to reprogram the Bypass module and that is taken care of. the car now starts with the remote start. and i was wrong. The bypass was tuked further up and is a IB-H2, i was wrong saying the HODL was the bypass. That is just the door unlock module.

I appreciate all the help from everyone.

The only other question i have is, When it was installed the guy deffinently cut corners. I should be able to press and hold the remote start fob for 4 seconds and unlock the doors. This does not work. When i was looking into all the wiring i noticed all the wires are snipped besides the black, red, brown, and purple. Purple is data, brown is negative while running and the red and black are power.

Looking at the wiring diagram it shows the other wires should be connected to lock input and output and various other connections. It is safe to say the 4 second unlock does not work because these connections are not made.

Can i just go ahead and run wires and splice the wires into the needed connections or should i just leave everything as is and not risk it. I mean what is the worst that can happen besides the obvious of shorting wires and such. I would remove the battery first of course.

Back