resonator box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neight

Reaction score
so it requires taking ot the front bumper? and does it make the car sound any louder?

VogtlandAccord

Reaction score
Less Weight, sounds way better-deeper but yes you do have to take the front bumper off. There are 2 resonators, one lower"big box" remove this but there is also a small one attached to your intake pipe that just hangs on the bottom side between the air box and the throtttle body, u can remove this and plug it w/ a pvc plug or baby food jar lid but it has a loud humming at idle so that is up to u. Hope this helped

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i dont have pictures or anything like that, but i can kind of guide you through it. there are 6 clips (i think, mine werent connected to anything) along the front side of the bumper. these clips are two pieces--one piece needs to stay close to the bumper, while the inside pops out. if you look on the inside of you headlights on the bumper cover youll see two clips. practice on these before going under the car. you need to keep the outside part (the bigger round ring) down while you pop out the center. then the clips will come out easily. then, under the car (after youve taken off the two center clips and the six under the front side of the bumper) there will be 2 bolts (this is as you go towards the wheel). take these out, then move towards where the bumper meets the body. there is one bolt in each wheel well. it will be stuck, so give it some elbow grease. after these are out, pull on one side of the bumper by the wheel wells down and away from the car doing it on both sides, working your way to the front of the car. the grille part gave me some problems, so you will need to grab onto the bumper on the top (near the radiator) and give it a firm yank. make sure the rest of the bumper is free before you do this. thats it! to put it back together, just do the opposite, and make sure you put the splash shields together right. i know it sucks without pics (but i dont have any time at the moment to do a diy plus its dark and raining right now). ill do one when i take my bumper off to put on my hids and foglights :D

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
my bumpers really easy to take off, haha, i have 3 clips and 2 screws holding it on, hahahaha. i broke a lot of the clips that go under it, and well, it doesnt really matter to me cuz the plastic shield just rests on the bumper cover, so it wont just flop off either, hahaha. but yea, taking the bumper off is cake...i cna do mine in like 5 minutes.....6-7 minutes for ones with clips, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back