resonator????

turbocayenne

Reaction score
ok guys, i just ordered apxi WS2 universal muffler and i'll put it wit custom catback. my question is should i keep the resonator or just don't use the resonator???? gimme some reasons please.. thank u very much..

Icemul

Reaction score
The resonator catches the resons... aka helps reduce the sound of the exhaust. The stock resonator isn't a high flow, there for if your going to put one on, get a high flow resonator. I got a high flow resonator for $26, it helped knock down alot of the sound.

The WS2 is build to be alot quieter then most performance mufflers, so I guess it all depends on what sort of sound your looking for. I'd try it without the resonator, if it bugs you to much then just have it put on afterwards.

blindside

Reaction score
keep it... just my opinion. I had one before on my civic (resonator off) and i got irritated when doing long trips

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
it will most likely still be quieter, but im sure that it wont be as quiet as a normal ws2 exhaust. i have no resonator on my custom exhaust with a MR N1 muffler on it. im sure the ws2 wont be as loud as most exhausts without a resonator. id say try it and if you dont like it, have one put in.

Back