RETRO FIT, just 1 silly question

kn106518

Reaction score
:omgbd::omgbd: ok i think this may have been covered some where else already but i just can't find it. I want to do a retro fit like crazy.

1 question that i always want to ask is that what if i buy the TSX or FX or RX projector. They use D2S bulb right. So can i use aftermarket D2S that come with bulbs and ballad and wire. or do i have the stock bulb, ballad, and wire.?:omgbd::omgbd:

nexTOme

Reaction score
as long as they are d2s, you will be fine....

but why not go with philips bulb? they are known to perform best :)

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
You can either buy a D2S HID Kit, or you can use the OEM Ballasts, but you'll have to make a harness for them.

kn106518

Reaction score
now that i think about it. I check out some D2S HID kit on ebay, and some thought came cross my mind. does the Connector fit accord 99 light connector?

OK let see if i can explain this easier, the connector i'm talking about is the wire that to our low beam bulb. so idk if the D2S HID KIT will fit it.

dynasty

Reaction score
not sure what the connector you are talking about. but the low beam bulb are 9006. high beam bulb is 9005. if you are doing the retrofit, the projector you are using is d2s bulb.

kn106518

Reaction score
ok, so i did my research and i got this list of parts that i going to buy for the retro. Can you guys give me advice if these parts are right and enough for the retro fit.

MDX 07 projector $75-$100
www.customlightz.com
(CALL THEY GUY AT CUSTOMLIGHTZ AND HE SAID HE HAS MDX PROJECTOR ALTHOUGH HE DOESN'T LIST IT ON HIS WEBSITE)

Wire harness for 9006 $50
http://www.customlightz.com/?p=p_136&sName=wire-harness
(CAN I MAKE MY OWN HARNESS ANYONE KNOW? I SAW A THREAD HERE ABOUT MAKING HARNESS BUT NOT SURE IF IT IS CORRECT) OR DO I REALLY NEED THE HARNESS?

D2S HID KIT $80 on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Slim...m14QQhashZitem400001200197QQitemZ400001200197

(FOUND THIS DIGITAL BALLAST AND BULB KITS ON EBAY FOR A CHEAP PRICE, BUT THEY YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ON THIS ONE)

Latest posts

Back