Reverse Gear Signal wire colour & location?

inv4zn

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what colour the reverse gear wire is?

I'm hooking up a nav/hu and its asking me to connect it for the camera i'm assuming. Is this wire simply the wire to the reverse lights?

What colour is it, and where would it be the easiest for me to tap into it? It seems stupid to take a wire from the hu all the way to the trunk, just to have it come back again.

Thanks

TheHunter

Reaction score
Not everyone needs to introduce themselves first before they post. However, make sure in the future you search if you didn't for this post (I doubt there was anything on it, but most topics have been covered) I would suggest getting a Haynes manual and looking at the wiring diagrams perhaps? Someone who's a little better with wiring will hopefully chime in.

inv4zn

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the heads-up. All i could find after searching was unrelated...I guess I'll just wait for the manual to arrive.

finch13

Reaction score
The manual tranny has a reverse switch on the bell housing you could tap into, the auto must have something similar, but it's probably on the shift selector somewhere. You could also tap into the wires at the bulbs, but that's quite a bit of wire to run if you don't have to.

inv4zn

Reaction score
Yeah, I want to avoid running it to the back of the car...although I guess that would be the easiest? I don't want/know how to wire from the bell housing...i guess the shift selector wouldn't be terrible.

I'll poke around, thanks for your help

Back