Road Trip Maintanence~~~~~~~

4door accord02

Reaction score
So im goin to be doing a roadtrip on sunday and putting a total of 742 kilometers on my accord there and back.My car has just under the 200 km mark and was wondering aside from doing an oil change,changing air filter what kind of other maintenance can i do in a couple day period time?

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Check your tire threads, brake fluids, coolant, tire pressure, make sure you have a spare, and have fun.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Check your service intervals, and if the next interval occurs at an odometer reading you will hit on this trip, I'd take care of that item before you leave. Just me though.

General stuff to check/change (pending when it was last done):

Oil
Trans fluid
Coolant
Brakes (pads especially)
Tires (pressure and tread)
Headlights/brake lights

Take care of any CEL's/other dummy lights

slowrider87

Reaction score
Check your service intervals, and if the next interval occurs at an odometer reading you will hit on this trip, I'd take care of that item before you leave. Just me though.

agreed...

i just drove to PA Wednesday came back on Saturday, 700 miles round trip through the mountains. then another 150 driving from one side of NoVa to the next and back a couple times. honestly i knew i wouldn't have time to do any work when i got back from the original 700 miles. only checked tires and oil. was good to go. not a hitch on the trip. now mind you i do all the maintenance on my car so i know the last time the tranny fluid was changed, brakes, etc. I keep extra bulbs coolant and other fluids w/ me @ all times so... it's ultimately what you think you should check. but checking everything you can isn't a bad idea at all.

Back