roaring noise 98 accord v6

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i had that problem the other day and it was the wheels that wasnt on tightly... did the shop put in a different set of lugs... maybe the stud is longer than the lug itself... if nit then it could be its rubbing on something...

also check the dust shield behind the rotor... they bend easy so check if its not rubbing too close to the disc

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
Which side was the sound coming from? (driver seat perspective)

Mine is coming from the driver side. I don't wanna drop my tranny to find that it's not the problem because that'll just cost me a lot more money. Keep in mind that i have a 5-speed tranny so it's not that bad.

well his is auto but it was making a loud noise in the front passenger side..
it wasnt his trany it was a bearing for the transaxle and he decided to just go ahead and get a new trany instead of taking out tha old one and rebuilding it... cuz yea u wud need to drop tha tranny if its ur transaxle.... but i wud say let a mechanic check it out if u cant find tha source

cragster

Reaction score
i hope its not anything in the trany. sound comes from the driver side it seems like. iswapped out tires and rims from my stepmoms 06 civic and the noise was still there???
i had all the lugs on tight with my impact?
im kindof pissed off about it right now =[

Back