Seatbelt Code Scanners

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Is this a hardware thing or can it be done via software? I've had my SRS light on for the longest time and since this isn't always a factory covered issue (IMO, it should be whenever the SRS light is on), I don't want to potentially pay for a diagnosis fee + repair. I picked up THIS OBDII scanner hoping it would also pick up seatbelt codes, but it doesn't appear to be so. Paired up with the Torque App for Android, I was hoping it would also pull the SRS code, but that didn't seem to happen.

I know I can jumper the pins together, but reading the actual flashing code, I think I might miss-interpret that.

james'99

Reaction score
Best thing to do is definitely jump pins. I do it all the time. A previous post of mine...

Most standard code readers will not spit out codes for the ABS and other similar systems in the car. There is a way though. You will need to short pin 8 and 13 like in this picture (http://www.k-series.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=901&d=1293470014) and the cluster will begin to flash out codes once you turn the key to the on position. Long flashes pertain to the "tens" place. Short flashes pertain to the "ones" place. Once you have all the codes, match them up to the list for the system described...

SRS Codes

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3111979

Need further help? Upload a video to youtube of the flashes! I'll help ya out!

minhtri2002

Reaction score
It happened to me too and I just took my car to dealership this morning and they will fix it and change seat belt buckle for me free of charge. :party52:
Before I took to Honda dealership I checked and connected 2 wires (black & brown) by paper clip in OBDII plug and my SRS light flashes 9 times and 3 times fast (error code 9_3) and I was knew that have a problem with seat belt bucke that's why after that I went to dealership diagnostic and fix it for free.
Because Honda America under lifetime warranty with seat belts and seat belts buckle.
You should to bring your car to Honda dealership when you find a problem just like me.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
It happened to me too and I just took my car to dealership this morning and they will fix it and change seat belt buckle for me free of charge. :party52:
Before I took to Honda dealership I checked and connected 2 wires (black & brown) by paper clip in OBDII plug and my SRS light flash 9 times and 3 times fast (error code 9_3) and I was knew that have a problem with seat belt bucke that's why after that I went to dealership diagnostic and fix it for free.
Because Honda America under lifetime warranty with seat belts and seat belts buckle.
You should to bring your car to Honda dealership when you find a problem just like me.

More times than not, it is the driver side buckle that is the issue. If this is the case, you can bring it in and all fees should be waived and the problem alleviated. But lets confirm the suspicion first!

minhtri2002

Reaction score
More times than not, it is the driver side buckle that is the issue. If this is the case, you can bring it in and all fees should be waived and the problem alleviated. But lets confirm the suspicion first!
I did and when I started the engine without wearing seat belt so SRS light will stay on. If I wearing seat belt first after that start engine so everything is fine and SRS light won't coming on. I tried many times to reset or erased memory and did it ten 10 times that's why I knew that a problem with seat belt buckble. So today I'm going to Honda Dealership and they will change it for me with no charge money.
When I already known I've a problem with seat belt buckle and the guy worked at Honda dealership told me 60 bucks for diagnostic first. If it have a problem with seat belt buckle, it will be free for replacement and you don't need to pay anything. Just waitting in lounge and coffee...

minhtri2002

Reaction score
Finally, I got a new one guys. :party52::party52:
07341B84-B7CB-406C-BF9C-3508DC67F7A1_zps5qy5rjx4.jpg

Back