Serious suspension clunking...help guys.

ls2poweredgoat

Reaction score
About 10 minutes ago the front left of the car clunks like hell, it's loud and you can feel it in the floor. Only does it noticeably at speeds above 30 mph...it doesn't feel like it's coming from the wheel, so I'm hoping it's not a wheel bearing....inner CV joint possibly??

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Weird... have you been messing with any suspension bolts lately? Sounds like something that would happen if your tophat bolts were loose, in theory. Either that or bearing.

ls2poweredgoat

Reaction score
Update. Jacked the car up, absolutely NO play in the wheel at all, so it's not a wheel bearing.

But, there is play in the inner CV joints, on both sides of the car. Is that normal?? When I drive the car the noise sounds like it's coming from the inner CV joint on the DRIVER'S side, and you can REALLY feel it in the floor.

:(

nexTOme

Reaction score
blown shock?

do you see any leakage from shock body?

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
Update. Jacked the car up, absolutely NO play in the wheel at all, so it's not a wheel bearing.

But, there is play in the inner CV joints, on both sides of the car. Is that normal?? When I drive the car the noise sounds like it's coming from the inner CV joint on the DRIVER'S side, and you can REALLY feel it in the floor.

:(

why do you mean by play?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A CV boot clicks, it doesnt bang, and if it did, you're car wouldnt be driveable.

Check the ball joints/upper A arm.

Back