sht now what

Reaction score
I have a 99 accord 2dr 5spd...with 258,000 miles...so not to long ago my engines starts to knock then subsides at its driven more throughout the day...so the other day I decided to check my spark plugs which have been replaced about a month ago…so I took them out and they are kind of white…and the one closet to the distributor is really white. Any ideas what could be causing this….i still get good gas mileage and car hasn’t lost any power.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Post pics of the plugs. Describing them as "white" doesnt explain much, also, month old plugs should be fine. Since you're not losing mileage/power...odds are the plugs are fine.

A better explanation of the "knocking" would be nice too.

??!Could be the piston slapz?!!?! :chucklesfawk:

LitoCG2Rider

Reaction score
This happen to me b4 on my prelude when I change the sparkplug. The connector wasn't properly contacting or engaging with the sparkplug. Sure you feel your car was the same but when you step on the gas it choke from time to time

A-cord

Reaction score
wow 258k.. that's pretty fcuking good.. i really hope my 6th gen will last that long.. when did you get the car? anyways, more specifics on where the knocking is coming from, it could come from many places.

Back