so i went to this tuner shop...

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
and the guy who owns the shop races for Skunk2..... showed me some of his work(including a 10 sec eg hatch w/ built b16)..... told me tht he could do the following to my I4 6th gen....

1. port and polish exhaust and intake "holes"?? forgot what those things r called .... $450

2. port and polish everything in #1, and valves ...$650

3. fully built head (including pnp, springs, etc) $1500

the guy seems knowledgable... watcha guys think abt the prices?? sorry i can't remember the terms cos my brain is just fried... so sleepy :eek:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Port n Polish the intake ports. Unless he's gonna put in 1mm larger valves or flat faced valves to bump compression a little bit then new valves arent worth it, ask about a 3 angle valve job.

I got a full PnP, milling, valve job for 800 and then a PnP and port match on my intake manifold for another 250. No need for valves/springs, etc.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the $650 deal is to pnp the intake and exhaust ports, the valve ports, and "something abt resurfacing the bottom surface of the head"

how do u like the pnp job? saw any gains? this guy claims the gains would be abt 15 hp.... 20 hp if the valves(changed to the flat faced vlaves) and springs are changed

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
*resurfacing the bottom of the head* probably means milling it which shouldnt be any more than .020, mine was done at .015.

Sadly I don't have it on my car yet, still sitting in my garage. I'm waiting till my spring break to put it on since I'm doing timing belt and water pump at the same time.

Back