Speaker setup

deucescorner

Reaction score
What do you guys thinks of this setup:

Front:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3fIh0OdkoZ9/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=1086020CS

Rear:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bXJILxvbxeo/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=1086927I

I currently have Xploid all around and want to upgrade since I just got a new HU. My question is, should I or do I need an amp to run this setup?

My HU is an Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD.

Forgot to mention that i'll be running 2 x 10" JL Audio subs/kenwood amp

what else should I consider before purchasing these?

thanks

Last edited:

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
I would get an amp for sure...you don't really need one. But it will make the speakers sound so much better that IMO it's worth getting.

deucescorner

Reaction score

simplesedan99

Reaction score
i think night and day...my buddies truck ran just speakers then after a while put an amp to em....OMG they were amazing his speakers bass sounded better then my almost blow 12''

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
Are we talking about night and day sound difference or is that setup good enough.

I think it's a night and day difference as well. Really your music will be lowered cleaner and more defined. Which is what I want out of my music. If you listen to your music at lows volumes(which I'm going to assume you don't) then getting a isn't wroth it.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I guess it's a bit late but i'm iffy on Infinity's. I have some old ones that have lasted 10 years. But they always have had what i concider poor low end. I've heard the newer models and they are better but still not great. On the flip side, the clarity is great. I have Kappa's but because of the age, these are still better i would guess.

I'd just drop the rear speakers though. When i first did it, i hated it. But i was too lazy to put them back in. Now i will never go back.

Back