Squeeling Noise from passenger side front

Got02Accord

Reaction score
hey guys, last night i was driving my car after doing my headlights and i noticed a squealing coming from my passenger side. I figure it was something with the brakes like the squeaker or something and kept going with my night.

This morning I ran out and the sound was still there. If im turning I wanna say right it will squeal, but if i hit the brakes lightly the sound stops. Its a squealing as if new brakes are mating but the brakes are mated 2100 miles at this point. Its to cold to check it out right now but tomorrow morning i'm getting her on stands and gonna take a look.

I doubt its CV because it would be a clicking, can't be ball joints because the squealing can stop when i apply light brakes.

Could it be dust shield (I hope) or a wheel bearing? Any thoughts?

l1nd3n

Reaction score
Check your blinker fluid. If not that then maybe your breaks. New breaks often make noise on hondas.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Start with inspecting your brakes - check the dust shield clearance, pad life & rotor condition, & make sure caliper bolts are tight. Also make sure no debris, etc is trapped between the pads/rotors. Wheel bearing is more of a lower pitched hum.

Did you grease the pads/shims when you installed them?

Last edited:

Got02Accord

Reaction score
Check your blinker fluid. If not that then maybe your breaks. New breaks often make noise on hondas.

No.

Start with inspecting your brakes - check the dust shield clearance, pad life & rotor condition, & make sure caliper bolts are tight. Also make sure no debris, etc is trapped between the pads/rotors. Wheel bearing is more of a lower pitched hum.

Did you grease the pads/shims when you installed them?

Didn't have a chance to check out the car today, Took my dads 8thgen for the day but tomorrow morning I will be taking a look at her. Gonna check all that you listed red,

And yes greased all moving points. slides, contact points, That side I replaced the caliper on so it could have something to do with that. Gonna make sure to recheck all lube points.

Solidus

Reaction score
hey guys, last night i was driving my car after doing my headlights and i noticed a squealing coming from my passenger side.

If im turning I wanna say right it will squeal, but if i hit the brakes lightly the sound stops.

Could be steering components cause its when turning, check all steering. It could also be unnatural grinding between rotor and brakes caused maybe by ice or rock. Disassemble and clean your brake components on that side as well.

Got02Accord

Reaction score
Could be steering components cause its when turning, check all steering. It could also be unnatural grinding between rotor and brakes caused maybe by ice or rock. Disassemble and clean your brake components on that side as well.

What components could cause a high pitched whine? That was my intial thought because it can be activated quicker if i turn.

Thats what i was planning on doing, I keep telling myself that its the dust shield hahaha don't want it to be a wheel bearing!

Solidus

Reaction score
^Your power steering for the Accord V6 is on the passenger side. If your concerned steering wise check the ps pump, hoses, fluid, and the rack and pinion on that side. The squeal would be more from ps pump but would 1)make steering a little harder to turn when squeal is present and 2) only be present when force is actually applied to turn the wheel.

If its not hard to turn while squeal is present than check break components placement, clean them, and inspect.

If its a wheel bearing thats a different story but RR is right.

Last edited:
Back