Tein SS adjustmnet past the 16 clicks

factorviii

Reaction score
I accidentally adjusted my Tein SS past the 16 clicks you're supposed to(to about 20-25) I left it that way for 100-200 miles before I realized it.(because the back left right was making an audible noise as it was compressing)

I adjusted them back and the ride doesn't seem to be as stiff as it used to be on hardest setting.

I called Tein and they said it shouldn't cause damage, I also searched around for days for an answer about this. No one seems to really know if it damages the coilover or how long it does take to damage it.

It might just be all in my head but I swear they feel softer. Does anyone know anything about this or have personal experience?

lashlee

Reaction score
I've never turned mine past but I would think that if they worried with damage they wouldn't have designed them to work with an EDFC which doesn't have any reference of what is too far. I wouldn't worry if Tein isn't.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
hm... when i had my tein ss i don't think it even let me go past the 16 clicks with the mini tool provided...

001Stunna

Reaction score
They can go to about 27-28 clicks i believe if you actually try to. You should not go more then 16 clicks counter clock wise from full clockwise(full stiff). According to their manual supplied with the coilovers doing so and driving with them as such can cause possible damage. Never-the-less you can't turn back time so work with what you have.

Try setting the shocks to full stiff(all the way clockwise) then adjust back to your desired liking(i have mine at 2 clicks back from full stiff and am happy with them). Clean the adjusting knobs to make sure they're not getting stuck somewhere and making you think you're in full stiff...when you really arent. After cleaning them attempt and see if they'll turn any more clockwise.

Last edited:

factorviii

Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't using any force when turning past 16, It kept going like normal and clicking past 16.

I'm going to try setting them to the middle then turning them back to full stiffness (the way I like it) and see if I notice a difference.
If 8 doesn't feel very different from 1 I think I might have a problem :/

Thanks for the replies guys.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea, it only really stops when you turn it clockwise, they will go pretty far past 16 clicks the other way. i'm sure it stops at some point like the others said.

Back