Test drove a 7th gen today....eh

ls2poweredgoat

Reaction score
Loaded V6 AUTO coupe. Interior was gorgeous, but it felt much smaller inside than my 6th gen coupe....oddly enough.

I prefer the heavier steering of the 6th gen, plus it feels like the steering is more accurate in my car, like it's easier to put the wheels were I want. Idk, hard to explain.

With the V6, it wasn't anywhere near as quick as I expected it to be, but don't get me wrong, it had balls. I'm sure it would be a blast to drive with the 6-speed. :duckhunt:

I think I'll stick to my 6th gen F23 5M :lock:

nexTOme

Reaction score
my first impression of cm8 (v6 6speed coupe) was bigger interior cabin space than i expected.

taken from edmunds.com
6thgen coupe 4banger ex
Interior
Front Head Room: 38 in.
Front Hip Room: 52.1 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56 in.
Rear Head Room: 36.5 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.4 in.
Rear Hip Room: 46.1 in.
Front Leg Room: 42.6 in.
Rear Leg Room: 32.4 in.
Luggage Capacity: 13.6 cu. ft.
Maximum Seating: 5

7thgen coupe v6 auto
Interior
Front Head Room: 39.8 in.
Front Hip Room: 54.2 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56.1 in.
Rear Head Room: 36.1 in.
Front Leg Room: 43.1 in.
Rear Leg Room: 31.9 in.
Luggage Capacity: 12.8 cu. ft.
Maximum Cargo Capacity: 13 cu. ft.

7thgen coupe v6 6speed
Interior
Front Head Room: 37.5 in.
Front Hip Room: 54.2 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56.1 in.
Rear Head Room: 36.1 in.
Front Leg Room: 43.1 in.
Rear Leg Room: 31.9 in.
Luggage Capacity: 12.8 cu. ft.
Maximum Cargo Capacity: 13 cu. ft.

interior spaces are almost identical. if not, 7thgen is bigger. (AT model)

as far as steering wheel, i think it has more to do with you being used to your 6thgen. obviously, it was difficult for me to get used to my new car from 6thgen sedan, especially when changing lanes. i couldnt tell right away where my tail is, where my front bumper ends, how close i am on edge of the lane from looking at mirror alone.

also, i felt 7thgen was more of "tight-er" feeling of everything than compare to my previous 6thgen sedan....

if you get a chance, test drive 6speed version. you will feel the difference from suspension to power to almost everything....

i maybe biased, but id say decide for yourself....

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i agree that i don't like the looks of 7thgen...but it has balls...auto or 6spd...whether you wanna admit it or not it will walk all over 6g 4cyl 5spds...the only 6thgen that really will play is a 6thgen with 6spd swap...or supercharger...turbo...gutted...in other words it takes a big modification to even keep up with 7thgen v6...

the interior...is take it or leave it...i don't give a rat's *** about it...7thgen is better over all....the radio unit is kinda known to have probs...the seats are nicer...but...everything is heavier also which kills gasmileage, acceleration and braking performance...and handling too...which is why they went to bigger tires too

...just depends on what you want...the 7thgen has good torque and is capable of better gasmileage thanks to it's 5th gear in the auto...and of course the 6spd...but could be even better if they kept it on more of a diet and stop making each and every car bigger than last gen...i hate the fact that a 80s Accord is smaller than a new civic today...and a new Accord is as big as a BMW 5 series...which is also bigger than older 5 series...it's like...we have an energy crisis...but even the car companies can't bring themselves to take a car and make it smaller...they have to bringout car's like the Fit and Versa...but then they take those and keep making them bigger too WTF.../rant

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I've rode/driven one and I wasn't impressed at all. I still think they are the ugliest Accord made. I don't even like them after being modded, like I said in a previous thread you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig lol..

yesssssssss I have now used it twice!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, i really dont care for the front end looks. the Inspire headlights help a little, but i still hate the triangular design of the headlight. ive driven so many 7th gens its ridiculous, haha, and the one major thing i dont like on the interior is how the stereo is integrated into the center bezel. sure, it looks clean, but for people like us who want to upgrade the stock parts on cars, to better ones, **** like that sucks, haha. the metra kit available for them is garbage and looks cheap as hell, haha. and its not just honda thats doing this now, which is getting kinda beat. they can make something look clean and seamless, without fully integrating it in with other parts.

Back