Those rotor screws are easy to remove!

Bax

Reaction score
The tool you have on the left is a Center Punch. You (are supposed to) use it to create a dimple in sheet metal or a rivet, something like that, to give a drill bit something to use as a guide so you don't slip.

cl206

Reaction score
The tool you have on the left is a Center Punch. You (are supposed to) use it to create a dimple in sheet metal or a rivet, something like that, to give a drill bit something to use as a guide so you don't slip.

Yes center punch! that sounds right! thanks! that other manual impact kit does look like a brute but my center punch and eastwing were like "that's what you woke us up for?"

Bax

Reaction score
No problem, we used those alllllll day in my sheet metal class last semester. I can't remember if it's Center or Centre. either way, yeah that's it. haha

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Yes, center punch. Looks to have worked well. gj

I used an impact drill. But first I sprayed the screw (front and back) with penetrating oil, let it set for 3-5 minutes then lit the oil on fire, then easy as pie just removed it with the impact drill.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Great idea OP, now if you could tell me how to remove rotor-under-hub bolts from the front face off a 5thgen hub lol! I'm willing to bet this exact method will work, but the bolts are much bigger.

cl206

Reaction score
Great idea OP, now if you could tell me how to remove rotor-under-hub bolts from the front face off a 5thgen hub lol! I'm willing to bet this exact method will work, but the bolts are much bigger.

no clue lol, but let me know if this works! When u read about something and then try it for urself, ur like whoa cool!

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
So after countless applications of PB blaster, and blows to a craftsmen impact driver punch as shown on page 1 to the rotor screws, I was still having a hell of a time getting them to break free. After doing some research i decided to try to use an aerosol compressed air can that you would use to dust of your computer. You have to hold it upside down so it comes out in liquid form. Gave it 5-6 good shots, then 3-4 blows, and voila it finally broke free. The screws felt like they just came out of the freezer. So I'm definitely going to try this more often. Hopefully this saves someone time and anguish, cause the freezing of the bolt does work.

Back